Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Politicians and Infidelity....


Why do all these politicians keep cheating on their wives (although its not just poloticians)? Mark Sanford would you like to answer this question for me? You find out you are being considered for the GOP 2012 presidential election and you end your affair, interesting. Would you have ended it if you were not going to advance your political career?

shall i name just a few others in this category.......
Gov Sanford (brazilan rendevous)
Elliot Spfitzer (prostitution scandle)
Bill Clinton (white house *cough*)
John Edwards (out comes a baby)
i could keep going........

I guess my first thought is if someone can not even be trustworthy with their family how can we trust them to help run the country? I am uncertian to where I stand on this, I would love to hear your thoughts. Should politicians be able to remain in office after they have affairs? Please leave a comment on this post and let me know where you stand.

1 comment:

Nate said...

I think politicians who get to a certain point are used to having tons of power. They start to believe that the rules don't apply to them and they start to do stupid things, whether its corruption, infidelity, etc.

I think most of the people who succeed in politics have gotten used to being coddled and told they are right. They let it get to their head. Many athletes and some really successful business people (madoff, enron guys) fall into this trap as well, but I think politicians are more prone to it.