Sunday, July 27, 2008

Paper or Plastic.........Elle or Vogue

Vogues revenues are down while Elle's are a jumpin up! Why could this be?? How could this be?? Is it cover vs cover, Kate Moss vs Mariah Carey?? Is it content vs content?? Styles vs styles?? To be honest with you, even before I heard this, I was disappointed in this months issue of Vogue. When I was finished with the magazine I thought to myself thats it? I was left wanting more, and Vogue unlike many fashion magazines usually fulfills my fashion desires (for a short period of time). Elle is also about to come out with their biggest issue ad page wise. They beat Vogue hands down with add revenue for the past 4 months in a row. Anna what is up?

I mean for me, its not really a vs thing. I think that both of these magazines have great content but in different forms. For example Roberta Myers who is Editor for Elle magazine has a fresher new outlook and Vogue's Anna Wintour stays with the classics of fashion. Thats just my opinion! Content aside, its interesting to see that Elle is beginning to outshine Vogue when Vogue is usually the brightest star in the sky. Vogue you better give it to us next month, im ready for something huge!

1 comment:

Cincinatus said...

Fuck yes I want some classy context in the next issue that bedazzles my bedazzler!