Sunday, November 9, 2008

Work it, Own it!


I must say that I was not looking forward to the brisk weather that pops up this time of year in Madison. To my surprise I seem to be embracing it. I find myself getting excited every morning when I get dressed to go to work. I love layering, and wearing my snug sweaters, and putting on one of my thousands of jackets I have to choose from. Just because it is cold out, doesn't mean you have to throw your style out. Have fun with it, rock with it. Though I've turned in my stiletto heels (I still give myself a stiletto advantage on special occasions) for furry warm boots, and cute dresses for chunky sweaters, I'm still enjoying the weather. Thing is, its usually pretty pleasurable at first, and we haven't had that freezing hand chapping weather yet. Can't wait till we do though, so I can throw on the ice skates, and hop on my snowboard! Gotta make the best of every season, Right? ;) Snowball fight anyone??? (ha! when it snows of course.)

Plus the thing about fall/winter for me is...it turns into GO TIME. I got big plans for this winter: WORK. I hope that I will have even the slightest bits of free time to do the winter activities that I enjoy doing. This past week/weekend I spent countless hours detailing 6 business plans. I have my work cut out for me, and I am excited to get to it. I've got awesome plans for the shop. I have an amazing design team dreaming up my website right now as you read this. (take a sneak peak www.sukarasterling.com ) I have been told that it should be ready to launch in 2 weeks. That is great news, but with that great news comes lots and lots of work and loads of responsibility. I am also working on a non-profit organization that I am starting. My book of course is still coming along slowly but surely. I am drafting up plans for seminars that I will be hosting. But the thing that I am most excited about right now is my clothing line that I am working on. Designing has always been a passion of mine, and I am sew ;) excited to be crafting beautiful handmade dresses right now. WORK>>WORK>>WORK-IT.

My plans with the blog are to be doing at least a few posts a week...so CHECK-CHECK-CHECK-it. The posts will be various, updates on what I have done/am doing, great recipes I will be suggesting, vacations, website stuff, store stuff, of course fashion stuff....anything i wanna post, because its my blog!!!!!

Love ya'll and special shout-out to Benson for helping me with all my projects.
~Sukie

No comments: