Tuesday, July 23, 2013

50 Shades of Pink


Planning parties would have been a FUN career choice for me.  However, seems like these days there are endless reasons to throw a party!  I had the honor of planing my sisters Owl and Aztec themed baby shower at our home.  My favorite part, the details.  Picking out the food, the desserts, the drinks, the invites, the party favors, the linens, the decor, the games (the list goes on).  It is also great to see it all come together and of course when the friends and family show up--the party begins!


Everyone seemed to have a great time at the party, by the end of the party some behavior lead us to believe that the party was beyond a great time (good thing that guest stayed over, I am talking about major intoxication).  I think the guests had the most fun when we played "Don't Break the Water"  . An appropriately re-named childhood water balloon game where you have a partner and toss the balloon back and forth--team that doesn't break the balloon wins.  Greg and I officially one, but we just played for fun and eventually two others were named winners.  Wish I had some pictures of that!  I tried to be creative with the party favors since my sister opt'd for a Guys and Dolls shower-- A modern shower she called it!  I think it was perfect since everyone came from out of town, lets face it women do not like to drive and they enlisted the guys for that.


Stacy is clearly having a GIRL can you tell by all the shades of pink?  Her top baby names are Violet Skye  and Willow Skye.  She was okay with discussing names so she allowed me to play into it for the party, we named a drink for each.  A lemonade NA drink was named after Willow Sky and the name Violet Skye was used for a Red Sangria (I wonder if she picks the name Willow, her daughter will be more of an angel??-- because the Sangria was majorly spiked!).  For one of her baby shower gifts my husband and I hired a photographer to do a cute mom to be shoot for my sister.  She is one of the cutest prego girls out there so I wanted to make sure she had some pictures before the baby was born.  Most of the pictures in the post can be credited to Lizzie D Photography!  We are all anxiously awaiting her baby's arrival--I will make sure to add updates after birth etc!  

No comments: